Friday, March 30, 2007

Gone on Vacation

For the next week and some odd days I will be on vacation in Egypt (via Jerusalem and Eilat). The practical reason for this sojourn is to renew my visa--it's possible to just ask for a renewal in Tel Aviv, but then they ask all sorts of questions, like what have you been doing the past three months, why are you here, where are you staying, etc etc. I'm not so great at lying to begin, and most volunteers in my organization take the opportunity to do some site seeing anyways, because it's silly to be here all this time and not be a tourist once in awhile.

I dislike overly autobiographical entries ("dear diary, today I washed my clothes. They were dirty. I ate so much food for dinner I thought I would die. Can you believe that Ena said I sound like a sheep?!") so I'll try to make this short. I basically wanted to let people know there won't be an entry this week, though there was an excessively long one last week, and if its lengthiness overwhelmed you, you can take this opportunity to try and finish it now.

You can also use this time to check out the new photos I have added to the shutterfly account. http://blooabroad.shutterfly.com

Peace people. See most of you in May.

2 Comments:

Blogger Moe said...

Have a great time in Eqypt! I've always wanted to go there... Egyptologist was right up there with Archaeologist for what I wanted to be when I grew up. Take lots of pictures!

See you in May!

-em

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks like fun. hey, why didnt you ride a camel? they are so much more "egypt" than horses.. maybe its because they smell more.. i bet they smell more. See you in a couple weeks!

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home